Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Blog 2: Research Project

I would like to explore how fads in English Literature have changed over time and what counts as literature to specific age groups. Our society has come a long way from telling stories to each other to reading on a device of some sort. Technology has changed our views of literature by a great margin. There are many different genre's of literature. Since there are many new and rising kinds of literature it makes you think about what is considered literature. Are video games literature? What about comics? Anime books? There is a lot to research and think about. Folklore, and Shakespeare are just a few of what had been popular. New generations of people are reading fan fiction now. I would ask a variety of people within different age groups what they currently read and what they consider to be literature. I could go to different bookstores and ask what people are buying/reading. In order for my exploration to work, I need to research the beginning of literature and I would use the internet and book sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment